Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the....Ugly??

On the bright side, I drove for the first time today! I felt a little bit awkward after more than a fortnight of being a passenger. Jon talked me into it by saying that he should be with me the first time in case I had any problems, but that if all went well then I could drive myself to the boardwalk and enjoy the beautiful days. He's so smart!

On the dark side, my healthy eating habits I've been honing disappeared when I gave into my craving for a Big Mac and french fries. And now I'm sitting here with a stack of Oreos and a glass of cold milk. Well, we went shopping today, so I should be set for another week of wholesome nutrition.

And as for the ugly part of the day...it's official - I have a scar! Jonathan removed the SteriStrips for me this evening, so I decided I can't call it an incision any longer. A couple of them hurt as he ripped them off, but most of them felt really good. Like when there's an itch you just haven't quite been able to reach and you finally get it in just the right spot. Anyway, when he was done he looked the scar over and said, very enthusiastically, "It looks good!" I haven't seen it yet because the camera wasn't handy, but it certainly wasn't nice looking the last time I saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment