Monday, November 9, 2009

Getting Back to Normal

What a momentous day - the inevitable return to work. I felt surprisingly nervous this morning, almost like my first day at a new high school all over again! I thought that the day would fly by and that it wouldn't tire me out. In fact, only half of that came true. I was ready for a nap after I'd been there for only an hour! Apparently chit-chatting and remembering passwords cause fatigue. I knew that the day would fly by since this week I'm only working half-days.

I enjoyed seeing my co-workers, but simultaneously I was wishing to be at home scrapbooking and watching Desperate Housewives. I almost felt like an outsider at first and sort of had to ease my way into the group again. I don't think anyone else felt that way and by the end of the day it had dissipated, thank goodness. Going back to work also made me feel less like a patient in recuperation and more like my usual self.

The best part of the day: I wore my regular work clothes and everyone noticed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment